In-person: 17 October 2017 | Geneva, Switzerland (held at the Europe Regional Roundtable)
Webinar: 3 October 2017 | 8:00-10:00 CET and 16:00-18:00 CET
The UNEP FI Annual General Meeting is a unique and informative platform in which members determine the direction of the Initiative. Please note that members are required, under their terms of membership, to attend at least one AGM every two years. Further, we encourage members to attend as many AGMs as possible beyond this requirement.
Summary of the AGM
UNEP FI’s 5-Year Strategy for Success
The Global Steering Committee launched the UNEP FI’s strategy at the 2017 AGM.
Accelerate the global development of financial institutions that integrate sustainability as a value creation driver and which contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our strategy to achieve this mission is:
- to create the most effective network for sharing knowledge and best practice; and
- to amplify the collective voice from the finance sector in policy debate.
Success is measured through the growth in the quantity and quality of “sustainable financial institutions”.
2017 Voting Results
All 5 voting items have been approved as follows:
- Approval of the Summary Record from the 2016 Annual General Meeting
- Approval of the proposed amendments to the Governance Framework
- Approval of the 2016 Financial Report
- Approval of the proposed 2018 budget
- Approval of the proposed 2019 membership fee
2019 fee schedule
UNEP FI has 215 members as at end of September 2017 and welcomed 19 new members since the last AGM as below:
- AGROASEMEX S.A
- An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank
- Anadolu Hayat Emeklilik
- Ant Financial Services Group
- Banco de Desarrollo Productivo – Sociedad Anonima Mixta (BDP- S.A.M)
- City Developments Limited
- Dongbu Insurance Co., Ltd.
- ICEA LION General Insurance Company Ltd
- ICEA LION Life Assurance Company Ltd
- Jordan Ahli Bank
- La Française Group
- Länsförsäkringar Sak Försäkringsaktiebolag
- MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.
- PZU SA
- Tawreeq Holdings
- Tribe Impact Capital LLP
- Yapi Kredi
- Zurich Insurance Group
Updated Governance Framework
UNEP FI also undertook a minor update of its Governance Framework documents.
3 October | 8:00-10:00 CET and 16:00-18:00 CET
AGM in-person at the Europe Regional Roundtable
17 October 2017 | Geneva, Switzerland
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to [email protected].